There is so much pain in our world in so many ways. But it seems America's eyes are being opened to a very real problem, racism. Many people had denied it for so long but now are able to see it is a problem that needs to be dealt with. And, as with everything in life, prayer is a good place to start. The following are 10 things from Scripture that will help you pray for racial reconciliation.
1. Oh Lord, let us be people that are clothed with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience toward all people regardless of their race. (Colossians 3:12)
2. I pray people of all different colors, all of whom Jesus died for would do nothing from selfish ambition or empty conceit but with humility of mind regard others as more important than themselves; and would not merely look out for their own personal interests but also for the interests of others. That you would help us all have the same attitude that was in Christ. (Philippians 2:3-5)
3. I pray the black community would experience security and be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let their requests be known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
4. Oh Lord, please help the black and white community together grow in diligence, faith, moral excellence, knowledge on how to love each other, self-control, perseverance in injustice, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. (2 Peter 1:5-7)
5. Lord, there is nothing about our lives that is covered that shall not be revealed-nothing hidden that shall not be made known. Please expose our hearts that have prejudice and help us let it go. May we be people that live in light of this truth. (Luke 12:2)
6. Oh Majesty, deeply convince all races that you have numbered the hairs of the head of people with different color skin and they are more valuable than many sparrows who are people that are made in God’s own image and has His eye on. (Luke 12:6-7)
7. I pray that people of all different colors of skin would be filled with the knowledge of Your will in all spiritual wisdom and understand, so that they will walk in a manner worthy of You and please You in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You; strengthened with all power according to Your glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father. (Colossians 1:9-12)
8. Oh Lord give to the white community the same humility You had when You stooped to wash the feet of the disciples. Help us know how to love and serve the black community in a way that pleases you. (John 13:14-15)
9. Give us a deep love for others Christians despite skin color that people who don’t know you would know that You are God by our love for one another. (John 13:34)
10. Lord, please help people who are ethnic minorities rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction and be faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)
I made a printable of these for your convenience. Just click the image below, save and print. Enjoy! If you like things like this, subscribe as I send out freebies to subscribes as often as I can. Not to mention you'll get 3 free ebooks.
Laura's desire is to point to Jesus and lead people to be in awe of God. She is married and has six kids, two of whom are adopted. Her and her husband have been in full time ministry since 2002. She serves with Master Plan Ministries as the Director of Women's Ministries and has extensive experience leading Bible studies, discipling women and speaking to groups and is the Founder of the internationally popular blog MissionalWomen.com that helps women live on mission for the glory of God. She has written seven books/Bible studies, designed 2 popular ministry tools and has made journals for quiet times for many books of the Bible. You can find her on facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube, and Instagram.
Leave a Reply.
Join 18,000 others and get Ministry Resources for Women ebook and regular email updates including resources and freebies for FREE.