I'm so glad you are here! I hope during your visit you get a glimpse of God's heart for we become what we are gazing at. I pray that God refreshes you and gives you readiness to persevere in what He has for you today. My desire is to be a blessing to you in helping you know God more and make Him known so I've made theses Resources and tools available to you and the Missional Living blog tab for practical ideas of how to live on mission right where you are.
If you are blogger please come by on Friday to link up for Brag on God Friday. And I just started "Ask Laura" so head on over to the Ask Laura tab to shoot me a question.
"The LORD routed Sisera and all his chariots and all his army with the edge of the sword before Barak; and Sisera alighted from his chariot and fled away on foot. But Barak pursued thechariots and the army as far as Harosheth-hagoyim, and all the army of Sisera fell by the edge of the sword; not even one was left." Judges 4:15-16 Judges 4:17-5:31
* The word routed means "confused, to be thrown into a panic". Picture this, The Lord brought torrential rain, a flood, during the dry season causing the 900 chariots to be useless. They freak out, rightly so since they worshiped Baal, the false god who they thought controlled the rain. I wonder what they thought, perhaps, "Is Baal mad at us? Is the Israelite God more powerful than Baal?" Well, they were so scared that they dropped their weapons and took off thus providing the Israelites with weapons. Wow! Yesterday I was struck by how Barak got 10,000 men to obey God and attack the Canaanites without any weapons. But today we get to see how God came through.
* The Canaanites put all their trust in their weapons, chariots and false god Baal. The Lord and Creator of Heaven and Earth shook their rickety foundation to expose it was not worthy of their trust, hope and reliance.
*Nothing is impossible for God! He can bring flood in the dry season and can cause mighty warriors to drop their swords and put them into others hands.
* Sometimes God may ask us to do something we don't feel fully equipped for, but He will give us what we need when we need it and perhaps not before we need it.
* God will always shake the things we are trusting in other than Him and expose them as false gods. If we are trusting in things other than Him we will panic as a good dose of reality shoots through our veins.
* God can never be shaken. His foundation is firm and more solid than anything we have ever relied on.
Questions for Reflection
What are you relying on to bring peace, joy and hope?
The Entire Series of Weekday Devotionals
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers
Join 11,000+ others and get Missional Women updates and two FREE eBooks.
Are you new to our site? Check out our HOME page to get a better idea about the Missional Women ministry.