I must say I look forward to blogging for Top 10 Tuesday. So fun! Since our good friends Jesse and Rhonda are going to meet their little baby girl they are adopting tomorrow (scheduled to be induced), thought adoption would be an appropriate topic, and one that is dear to my heart.
Our cutie boys Asher and Uriah are both adopted.
(Click the pictures on the right to read their adoption stories.)
1. Adoption let's you experience the joy of obeying God. "Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27
Our frends George and Cara and their cutie kiddos adopted from Haiti.
God used the earthquake to get them home 2 years earlier than expected.
2. You get to be a beautiful picture of God's heart for orphans. "He defends the cause of the fatherless." Deut. 10:18 (And a ton of other verses.)
Baby Asher with a sleepy daddy.
3. You get to be a visual of how God has adopted us when we admit our need for Him and gave Him the control of our life. At that moment, He made us His children and gave us an eternal inheritance.
4. You get to have a bigger family and all the beauty that comes as a result.
Jesse and Rhonda and their little girl Shelby
(also known as Asher's princess) who is also adopted.
5. You get to see God come through financially. Where God calls, He provides. So He provides when people decide to take the risk in caring for the little ones He desperately cares for. Both of the boys adoptions are completely paid for! God totally came through!
Getting ready to leave the hospital with baby Uriah,
a year after Asher was born.
6. You get the joy of providing a child with a healty family structure.
7. You get to minister to God. He says that whatever we do for the least of these, we do for Him.
Our friends Mike and Karin with their cutie sons.
Their son Titus is going to have a little Korean sister soon!
8. Like Mike and Karin, you get to choose if you want a boy or a girl.
9. You don't have to deal with morning sickness (which was not limited to the morning or the first trimester when I was pregnant with Eden) or postpartum despression.
10. And lastly but wonderfully, you don't have to go through labor. Awesome!
Would you please take a quick second to vote for me? Just click the button, scroll down till you see my picture and vote. Thanks! (You can vote as many times as you would like-once every 24 horus, and for as many people you would like.)
PS This Sunday's Link Up (Reflection SONday, a time to brag on God) link your stories of how God came through in adoption.
I'm linked up with...
5/23/2011 09:58:29 pm
What a lovely and inspiring list!
5/24/2011 05:36:46 am
5/24/2011 05:49:32 am
Awesome post!!! Loved your pictures. My sister and her husband are going through the adoption process right now...so amazing to give children good homes that need one!!
5/24/2011 06:55:31 am
This is such a beautiful perspective. Adoption has been on my heart for the past many months, and I pray God will lead us in the perfect path (timing, direction, finances) if this is His Will. Thanks for your encouragement!
5/24/2011 10:14:53 pm
Hey there...your post is delightful ....Love it and so glad you linked up.... Thank you :) I look forward to hearing more from you and your beautiful blog. xx
I loved reading this list of ten! Adoption is very near and dear to my heart, as one of our daughters (after 10 years of being childless and having numerous heartbreaks trying to have a child) now is the happy mother of twin boys, adopted when they were three months old!!
5/25/2011 10:53:12 am
LOVE this post! Amen, amen, amen! :)
Leave a Reply.
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers
Join 11,000+ others and get Missional Women updates and two FREE eBooks.
Are you new to our site? Check out our HOME page to get a better idea about the Missional Women ministry.