This week has been so much fun! Like I have said many times, I really think we live in the most exciting time in all history having the potential to see the greatest revival this world has ever seen through social media. There is so much more that can be written about about this, it's like I could write a whole book on it. Oh wait, I am! How exciting is that! Angi from Stuff Angi Does and I are teaming up to write an ebook to be released in October.Will you pray for us?
Here's the entire Using Social Media to Glorify God series
Part One-Why Social Media
Part Two- The Potential
Part Three- Heart of the Matter
Part Four- 10 Practical Tips on How to Blog for the Glory of God
God is able to use all sorts of things to draw people to Himself. He says the harvest is ripe, people are hungry for Jesus. But the people willing to reach out to them are few. Therefore He tells us to pray, asking Him to raise up willing hearts. Are you willing to take initiative to use your influence to make Jesus known, to glorify God? There is a giant mission field behind your computer screen that is free to go to. All that is needed is a willing heart.
6 Practical Tips on How to use Facebook and Twitter for the Glory of God
1. Use your facebook friends as a prayer list. There is a super helpful resource called Praybook that helps you pray for all your facebook friends. It organized them for you into how many you'd like to pray for each day and then you can send them a little message letting them know you prayed for them.
2. Use your status updates strategically. Put up thought-provoking questions about the gospel or things that will lead to the gospel. (Things that will help people grow in their trust of the Lord-truths about God, verses, stories of how God did something neat etc.) The more people who comment on your update, the higher it is on the feed (giving it better chances of being read by friends of friends-which will help you get outside your own facebook bubble.) So not only is it a way to share your faith, but also give little discipleship (helping someone walk by faith, communicate their faith and multiply their faith) nuggets.
3. Status updates are also a great place to put God's Word which wont return void. It seems everytime I put up a verse, someone says, that was exactly what they needed to hear. God's Word is powerful, the Holy Spirit uses it to speak right to the heart where no one can see.
4. Honor your friends. When you write on peoples walls, it communicates that you are thinking of them and value them. Use it as an opportunity to brag about them and what God is doing in their life. The world will know Jesus is Lord by our love for one another. When your and their facebook friends get to see you speaking highly of others it causes people to wonder what is different.
5. As you are praying for your friends, ask God to lead you who to begin a spiritual conversation on chat or through facebook messages. The best way to do this is through asking genuine questions. Here's a helpful tool from my Bible study that will help give more clarity to this.
6. Use Facebook ads. Austin got back from a sensitive country in the middle east not too long ago. While they were there they put up a facebook ad for a few hours. It pointed to a website they created easily through a free website, weebly (which I just love!) It invited people to email them if they had questions about Christianity. In one day they had 600 visitors and a handful of emails. That happened in a country where less than .007% of the people are Christians. I think that was a great filter to find people who are seeking. You can make a facebook ad and target it to specific audiences (even places where the gospel is not accessible).
Why not experiment with some of these today? And check out how to use Pinterest and Instagram for the glory of God over at Angi's.
Our family is helping lead our very first staff training (at the incredible ranch given to our ministry, but has no cell phone or internet access) so I am going to be taking a blogging break until Monday June 11th. Hope you have a great week!
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers
Join 11,000+ others and get Missional Women updates and two FREE eBooks.
Are you new to our site? Check out our HOME page to get a better idea about the Missional Women ministry.