If you are single and struggle with compromising your sexual purity I want to tell you that you don’t have to compromise your purity anymore. Satan wants you to make excuses that you have already lost your purity so what’s the big deal. The deal is that even if you have lost your purity in your past you can re-new your purity in Christ from here on out. From this moment on you can vow to God that you will remain pure, that you will wait for your wedding night, and that you will turn right now and be made new and pursue a holy life that honors your Daddy in heaven.
Your past will always be there, and it will be very hard telling your future spouse, but you don’t have to add more impurity to your life, and there is healing that can happen. If this is a decision you desire here are a few short steps to help you as you begin this process.
Here are five ways you can re-commit your purity.
1. Spend some time alone with God; pray to him and ask for his forgiveness, healing, and help in moving forward from here.
2. Begin studying the Bible and what it says about purity and temptation. Any time you make a commitment to purity there will be something that comes up that will challenge that commitment and knowing how to fight those temptations with God’s word will be crucial.
3. Get some close friends behind you in this through accountability. The friends you want to help you should be friends who will speak up if they see you compromising and friends who are also committed to pursuing purity.
4. Protect your heart from compromising again by setting strong boundaries with future relationships. Keep your accountability partners in the loop when you are dating in the future and ask them to help you set strong boundaries by checking in with you regularly. In the future when you date go out in public areas or with a group of friends.
5. Cling to the strength the Lord provides. We can not live the Christian life the Lord desires for us apart from His ability. The moment temptation strikes, turn to the Lord for help. Watch this video talking about what this looks like practically.
These are just a few first steps but know that God is in the process of transforming you day by day! You are pure in Christ by the sacrifice he made on the cross!
Hope McCleary graduated from Mesa State College with a degree in Mass Communications. After graduating she spent two years working in local news at KKCO 11 News in Grand Junction, Co. She decided to give up her career in the media to share the message of Christ full-time. She joined full-time staff with Master Plan Ministries the summer of 2012 and got married to Forrest McCleary in September of 2012. Through her own personal ups and downs in college Hope has a heart for college women understand their worth as God’s daughters, to see them grow in their faith, to grow in the unique gifts God has given them, and to stand firm in their faith even with the pressures of the world all around them. Hope’s interests include world and local missions, photography, singing, playing guitar and writing music, reading, meeting new people, coffee, and hiking.
Want to read more from this contributor? Type her name in the search bar at the top.Sharing this article over at these awesome blogs
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBook for Subscribers
Enter your email for your FREE copies.
Missional Women Books: