Is it just me, or is 2017 flying by? I feel like summer just started yesterday, and it's actually already half over. This year feels like it's slipping through my fingers super fast.
Can you relate?
On August 1st, I turned the page to the new calendar month fresh with promise and decided I wanted to make the most of the weeks I have left. I want to squeeze more Jesus into my summer.
Want to join me? I've got some ideas to share with you.
4 Ways to Get on Mission in August:
1. Put on your shoes and take a prayer walk around your block. Ask God to move into the neighborhood and keep your eyes open for divine appointments. Extend a hand of friendship to anyone you meet.
2. Invite some new friends over for a movie night. Make some popcorn, show a flick that breathes life into the room. You could create cards with a few discussion questions to spark conversation afterward.
3. Host a free car wash. Make some signs, stand on the corner waving to passersby, and offer to clean up a few cars. It's a great opportunity to share with others about how Christ cleanses us -- free of charge.
4. Start your own neighborhood little league. Play referee for the kids, and then invite them to stay for some snacks after the game. Listen to their stories and be ready to share why you are on Christ's team.
Summer is full of possibility. Let's make every moment count for the Kingdom.
We exist to glorify God, to display His heart and character. And I just love how we are all uniquely built to do that. So every Friday I want to give you, uniquely designed by God, an opportunity to link up your thoughts on God, art, baking, photography, parenting, marriage, homeschooling, writing or blogging and more if they tie into or display the Lord somehow.
Here's how it works.
1. Link up as many blog posts as you want below by clicking the link below and following the prompts. (Perhaps think of old posts you want more exposure to as well as new ones.)
2. Let your readers know by including a link at the bottom of your post (or somewhere on your side bar) or paste my button code (found below and on the side bar).
3. Take a minute to visit and comment on another sweet lady or two's post. Your encouragement might be just what she needs to keep pressing on in being a voice in the darkness.
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
I'm Laura the founder of Missional Women and this is my sweet friend, Lyli. We host a link up for bloggers every Friday and look forward to having you join us. But before you go, look around, we are here to glorify God and be a blessing to you.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers:
Join almost 10,000 others and enter your email for your FREE copies.