I'm so glad you are here! I hope during your visit you get a glimpse of God's heart for we become what we are gazing at. I pray that God refreshes you and gives you readiness to persevere in what He has for you today. My desire is to be a blessing to you in helping you know God more and make Him known so I've made theses Resources and tools available to you and write a Weekday Devotional (my home page) to provide insights from God's Word. And come on over (to my home page) on Friday's for a blog hop.
Basically I think I have the best job in the world. I get to talk to college students (who I think are the greatest age group ever) all day about Jesus. And not only do I get to talk about Jesus all day, but I get to hear and see incredible life transforming stories. (Here's are glimpses into other things we do.) Let me tell you some of them I got to hear through one girl just in a matter of one short month.
Meet Joanna (she's on the right) and her roommates
I do a weekly discipleship training with a couple of incredible freshman on campus, Rachel and Joanna. It is for the purpose of training them in the Great Commission and they have homework every week (Great Commission action steps and reading). These ladies are flat out amazing! Every week they have these incredible stories of what God is doing through them. They are Kingdom shakers.
Joanna wants to be a medical missionary. Her availability to the Lord is truly astounding. Here are a few stories of how God is using her on campus:
* Not long ago she got a text from a girl who lives in the dorm with her. The text said, she wanted to figure out her spirituality and wondered if Joanna could tell her about Jesus. They set up a time to meet weekly and they have been reading through John together. Each week Megan has awesome insights from what they read together. Megan finally gave her life to Christ last week. Yay! Since then Megan has had to defend her brand new faith to her English professor who said to her, "I pity Christians".
* One day when Joanna was waiting to meet one of the girls she disciples she got talking to a guy sitting a table over from her. She got to share the gospel with him and he asked if they would be able to get together again and if he brought his daughters (Joanna's age) if she could share Jesus with them too.
* The Lord has also given her opportunity to talk about Jesus a lot and share the gospel with her roomate Caroline. A few weeks ago Caroline surrendered her life to Christ and is growing like a weed as she devours God's Word. Caroline is now trying to share the gospel with their other roomate.
* God is also using her friendliness and genuine concern and interest in peoples lives. She is be-friending people like athiest Jake. She asks him simple questions like where is your family from and what are your dreams and he is almost caught off guard saying, “No one has ever asked me that before.
* But not everything Joanna is seeing on campus is roses. She is helping girls she disciples with some of the hardest issues I've ever heard of. And one day after our weekly large group meeting where we talked about roles of men and women she was talking about it with a foreign exchange student Xang on the walk back to the dorm. A girl over heard what they were talking about and started yelling at Joanna.
I am so honored to get to pour into such willing and available to the Lord students! I can't believe I get 3 more years with her! Here she is sharing her testimony at our weekly meeting recently. Will you pray for her? Will you pray that God would continue to use her mightily and would guard her from discouragement, distraction and pride. I look forward to the day you get to hear more stories of how God used her, maybe ya'll can chat with her in heaven. :)
I hope you are encouraged by some of the upcoming leaders God is developing. The news tends to show only the sad and bad, so I hope you are inspired and filled with hope seeing this sweet girl live for the Lord whole-heartily.
What else is God up to? Seeking
Don't forget to head on over to my home page.
I'm linked with A Holy Experience, The Better Mom, Kellys Korner
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBook for Subscribers
Join 10,000 others and enter your email for your FREE copies.
Missional Women Books: