What a gift the Lord has given us by putting His Holy Spirit inside of us. So often it's easy to to think we need to pull up our boot straps and get our lives together, to just try harder. But the reality is, we can't live the Christian life in our own strength, it's impossible. But God is faithful and has provided what we need, or rather who we need to be pleasing to Him. He some things that are true about the One He put inside of every believer.
The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, He guides us into all truth, regenerates us, glorifies and testifies of Christ, reveals Christ to us and in us, leads, sanctifies and empowers us. He fills us, teaches us to pray, bears witness in us that we are children of God and produces in us the fruit of His work and presence. He distributes spiritual gifts, calls us to ministry, renews us and brings unity and oneness to the body. He is our guarantee and deposit of the future resurrection, seals us unto the day of redemption, sets us free from the law of sin and death, reveals to us the deep things of God, dwells in us and speaks to, in, and through us. He brings freedom and transforms us into the image of Christ. He enables us and gives us what we need when we need it. He gives us strength and enables us to obey the truth and dispenses God’s love into our hearts. He bears witness to the truth in our conscience, teaches us and gives us joy. He brings things to our remembrance and gives us love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.
Laura, the creator and host of Missional Women is married and has four kids, two of whom are adopted. Laura and her husband have been missionaries to college students for 11 years serving with Master Plan Ministries. Laura is the Women's Development Coordinator and has discipled over 150 girls, led over 30 Bible studies and speaks to college and women's groups. Laura has authored 5 books, including an award winning 12 week Bible Study on First Samuel, Beholding Him, Becoming Missional, Reach; How to Use Your Social Media Influence for the Glory of God, and A Devotional Journey through Judges, a devotional to accompany the free online Bible study at TheBookofJudges.com. You can find her on facebook,twitter, pinterest, youtube, instagram and her author site.
This phone app makes it so that you can have a Knowing God Personally booklet (or other variations) right at your finger tips to discuss with someone. You can also share it.
Search the app store for godtools and it should come up.
Soularium is a group of 52 pictures that goes with 5 questions to start spiritual conversations.
1. Which picture would you use to describe your life right now?
2. Which picture would you want to describe your life right now?
3. Which picture would you choose to describe God?
4. Which picture would you choose to describe your spiritual journey so far?
5. Which picture would you want to describe your relationship with God?
After listening to them you can ask if they would like to hear how you began a relationship with God. Below are a couple of guys on staff with Master Plan Ministries using the Soularium.
These are just some of the tons of evangelism ideas written by our friend and co-worker Nate. Head on over to his blog to read more about them.
1. People invest time and energy into developing their career, their bodies and relationships, but often neglect the spiritual dimension of their lives. How do you actively pursue spiritual growth?
2. Do you think much about spiritual things? (This usually leads to conversation about what "spiritual" means--i.e. religion vs. relationship.)
3. How has this experience affected the way you look at God?
4. We've never had a chance to talk about your religious background. Where would you say you are in your spiritual pilgrimage?
5. I'd like to tell you how I established a personal relationship with God. (Tell your personal testimony of how you became a Christian. Keep it to three minutes, using the following outline: Before--What characterized my life before I trusted Christ. During--How I came to trust Christ. After--How I am different now.)
6. What is your concept of God? Do you view Him positively or negatively?
7. Have you ever come to a point in your life where you trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, or do you think that is something you're still moving toward? May I share with you how I came to that point?
8. Do you find that faith and spiritual values play a role in your (work) (day) (marriage) (perspective on life)?
9. If you could be sure there is a God, would you want to know Him? Or if you could know God personally, would you want to?
10. Bring a friend to your church or a Christian event, then ask:
What did you think of it? Did it make sense to you?
11. Do you go to church? Why or why not?
12. I'd hate for you to come to my church and not understand what it's all about. Would you want to get together and discuss our basic beliefs?
13. We've been friends for quite some time now, and I've never really talked to you about the most important thing in my life. May I take a few moments and do so?
14. Is church something that has had an influence in your life? Are you at a point now that you want church to be a bigger part of your life? What prompted this? Would you want to hear our basic beliefs so you'll know if that fits in with what you're looking for?
15. How do you think someone becomes a Christian?
16. Can I share the thing I've found most important to me as a (dad), (mom), (boss)?
17. What do you think about when you go to sleep at night? (If anxiety or guilt rob them of sleep, introduce the peace found in a relationship with Christ).
18. Most people in America say they believe in God. What does believing in God mean to you?
19. Before I came to know Christ personally, God was a vague concept that I could not relate to or grasp. How would you describe your view of God? Jesus? Is He a reality to you or more of a vague concept?
20. If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?
Jan/Feb 2005 issue of Worldwide Challenge.