1. BibleStudyTools.com This is my favorite Bible app because it's just so simple to get around. And it's easy to switch versions, has commentaries, dictionaries, encyclopedias and reading plans. And it's free.
2. GodTools. This is an app put out by CRU that has many tools for sharing the gospel. They have set it up so you can use your phone as the tract to talk through with someone.
3. Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc. Each of these can be used to reach and influence the world for Christ. To find out how read our book Reach; How to Use Your Social Media Influence for the Glory of God or read a bunch of articles by typing social media into the search box at the top.
4. InstaQuote. If you like making memes of God's Word or other things to encourage people. This is the place to do it.
5. Bible 360. This has a ton of great stuff. Videos, maps, virtual tours, artwork, pictures. Just a lot of stuff to help you dig into God's Word.
6. The Story. This is a super awesome app for sharing the gospel. You can sign up for your own account atViewTheStory.com that gives you a link and code to share on social media or your blog and it keeps tract of your visitors. I love this one.
7. I am Second. Great video testimonies to start discussions about God changing lives. You can ask someone, "Did you hear about what God did in (insert famous person here)'s life?" Then you can show them the video and ask them what they think.
8. JP Unreached. This gives you a specific group of unreached people to pray for.
9. JesusFilm also a lot of videos but in a ton of different languages. If you run into someone who is from another country you can say something like, "I bet I have a video in your language. What's your native language?" Then you can find where they are from on a map and check out the videos available in their language. Genius!
10. GotQuestions. Answers all the most frequently asked questions about life and God.
11. Mission Hub. This is ideal for college ministry or for when you are meeting a large amount of people after an evangelistic event. It helps people not fall through the cracks by helping you keep track of who you are following up with.
12. ConvoShake. A ton of great questions to get a conversation started. This is helpful because before you can share the gospel or help someone grow in a relationship with Jesus you have to actually start talking to them. :)
13. RZIM. Ravi Zacharus is just plain smart. He shares a ton of great articles and wisdom on here.
14. TGC. What can I say about the Gospel Coalition. Everyone knows about them right? (If you don't, you totally should!) Helpful articles, videos, blogs, reviews. Great resource!
15. Next Steps. This is an easy to use discipleship tool. It takes someone through the most essential things a new Christian needs to understand to grow in a strong relationship with the Lord and become a disciple-maker.
16. Bible Verses. Cute and encouraging Bible verse memes you can share on social media.
17. iBooks. This is helpful when you are discipling someone. It is like a bookshelf for your PDF documents. When you are meeting with someone you can pull up any PDF document you have downloaded and go through it with someone.
18. Pink Pad. I'm not completely sure how this relates to living on mission, but it's super helpful. It helps you keep track of your monthly cycle. I guess taking care of your body and knowing what to expect and when helps you be able to be more focused on eternal things right? ;)
19. Buffer. This allows you to load up tweets and posts to social networks so you don't have to actually post stuff every few hours. All you have to do is plug in some encouraging verses and select the time you want it to post and there you are sharing God's Word when you're in the middle of something else. The ultimate multi-tasking.
20. NewsFree. This allows you to pick what news sources you read and puts all the news you want onto one feed. This helps you keep updated with what is going on around the world and with current events which allows you to be able to have good conversations with others as well as gives you things to pray for.
These are ones that are beneficial to me. What about you? What apps help you live on mission for the glory of God?
My 10 TopFavorite Educational Kids Apps
And just because I am a bit of an app junkie, here's a little bonus for you if you have little kiddos. These are my favorite kids educational apps.
3. Gazzili Science
4. Monkey Math
5. Shape Puzzle
6. 3D Puzzle
7. Music Sparkle
8. Butterfly Math
9. Teach Me Kindergarten
10. Little Writer
Laura, the creator and host of Missional Women is married and has four kids, two of whom are adopted. Laura and her husband have been missionaries to college students for 11 years serving with Master Plan Ministries. Laura is the Staff Women's Development Coordinator and has discipled over 150 girls, led over 30 Bible studies and speaks 10-20 times a year. Laura is an award winning author of a 12 week Bible Study on First Samuel, Beholding Him, Becoming Missional, recently released Reach; How to Use Your Social Media Influence for the Glory of God, and A Devotional Journey through Judges, a devotional to accompany the free online Bible study at TheBookofJudges.com. You can find her on facebook,twitter, pinterest and youtube.
Want to read more from this contributor? If so, just put her name in the search box at the top.
Sharing this article over at these awesome blogs