Hello blogging-friends and welcome to Faith Filled Friday! While Laura (our amazing host here at Missional Women) has been in the blogging game for a long time, I just started helping out and dipping my toe into the blogging waters in June.
Since then, I've visited a lot of the blogs who link up with us weekly & I love that I get to learn from you guys! But, I've noticed that bloggers can be overwhelmed with amazing opportunities. And because of that, I don't want you guys to scroll past the Missional Women Conference without being fully informed.
5 Reasons Why The Missional Women Conference is Different:
1. You can feel like throwing up with friends: Doesn't seem like a selling point to you, does it? Let me explain myself. The first time a friend asked me to explain the Gospel I literally went to the bathroom and threw up because I was THAT nervous. And, a few years later, I am a little more comfortable with sharing about Jesus' role in my life, but I still get that butterfly feeling. Every. Single. Time. You know what I've learned? I'm not the only one that feels that way--and you aren't either! At the Missional Women Conference we are encouraged to discuss our fears and hesitations in community. With everything out in the open, you leave feeling encouraged, confident, and willing. Even if you feeling like throwing up, at least its with your friends.
2. It isn't tailored for just the veterans or the rookies: Don't you hate when you go to a conference expecting to get so filled up, but the speakers stay an inch deep and a mile wide? Or on the other hand, you go to a conference and are overwhelmed with the amount of information being thrown at you? The Missional Women Conference is all about using your sphere of influence for the glory of God. We recognize that there are career evangelists and people who've only shared the Gospel once in attendance. The workshops and keynote speakers are tailored to encourage and equip Christians at all different parts of their journey.
3. Time set aside to connect with God: I love conferences. Especially ones that teach me about our King and His character. But! I have been to plenty of conferences that have wonderful speakers that teach the Word in a way that I have never experienced, but don't allow space to connect with God. The Missional Women Conference is different. We are going to spend time connecting with God through the Prayer Mosaic. Setting aside the distractions of real life AND conference-craziness to just spend time at the feet of Jesus. It's amazing. And I can't wait for you to experience it.
4. The Mile High City: I spent a large portion of my childhood in a small town in Nebraska! Go Big Red! That being said, I really believe that Denver is the city that has everything. No, it is not as big as Vegas or New York, but that also means it is easier to navigate. Here is a list of just a few things within 15 minutes of the Missional Women Conference.
-The Largest Theatre Complex in the West
-Hiking! Biking! Other outdoorsy stuff.
-16th Street Mall
-Art, History, Science Museums
5. It's Practical: Out of all the conferences I have ever been to, this one is by far the most practical. I left knowing exactly how to live out what God had just taught me through the Missional Women Conference. I think it is because the speakers all take the approach of equipping women not just encouraging women. Plus, there is so much group discussion that any questions I had that the speakers didn't answer--the ladies at my table were able to give their two cents.
Okay, there you have it! There are a few reasons why I think the Missional Women Conference in Denver, CO is going to be different than any other conference. Want to check out more information about who is speaking? Visit the Missional Women Conference Website.
Here's how it works.
1. Link up as many blog posts as you want below by clicking the link below and following the prompts. (Perhaps think of old posts you want more exposure to as well as new ones.)
2. Let your readers know by including a link at the bottom of your post (or somewhere on your side bar) or paste my button code (found below and on the side bar).
3. Take a minute to visit and comment on another sweet lady or two's post. You're encouragement might be just what she needs to keep pressing on in being a voice in the darkness.
Jacque is the Missional Women Intern and a college student in Denver, CO who balances her time between trying to go to class and learning about His saving grace and perfect love as much as she can. She is a twenty something, DIY attempting, Jesus loving, Denver living, small town rooted, Colorado sports fan. She loves black coffee, long conversations and watching people do what God created them for. You can find her Christian Twenty Somethings blog at Desperately Dependent.
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
I'm Laura the founder of Missional Women and this is my sweet friend, Lyli. We host a link up for bloggers every Friday and look forward to having you join us. But before you go, look around, we are here to glorify God and be a blessing to you.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers:
Join almost 10,000 others and enter your email for your FREE copies.