For 10 years of my Christian life I didn't share the gospel because I honestly thought I would offend people. Really I was filled with doubt as a result of not sharing. Since I had never stepped out and depended on God to come through, I never got to see Him come through.
But then I saw this guy (now my increbible husband) sharing his faith a lot and the craziest thing was happening. People wernt offended, they were coming to Christ! I asked him to teach me how to share and when I did the lies I was believing about people not wanting to hear were exposed for what they were.
People are eager to know the very thing God built them to live for.
Getting into a spiritual conversation can be difficult and then going from a spiritual conversation to the discussing the gospel all the way through is even more difficult. Here are my top ten questions to get into a spiritual conversation. And next week I will post my top ten questions to lead into sharing the gospel.
1. What experience has most affected your view of God?
2. If God were to tell you what He thinks of you right now, what would you say?
3. I've never really heard what your religious/spiritual background has been. What is it and where do you stand today?
4. If you could know God personally, would you want to?
5. What do you think about Jesus?
6. Have you looked into spiritual things much? Did you come to any conclusions?
7. Has anything ever happened to you that caused you to believe God is real?
8. I'm wondering if others can tell what the most important thing in my life is. If you had to say, what would you think it is? Do you know why it is?
9. How do you think someone becomes a Christian?
10. If you were to die today, where do you think you would go? Why?
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9
And just in case you think non-believers are offended by someone taking initative with them. Here is an athiest giving his point of view. It's pretty encouraging. And eye-opening.
New here? Head on over to the Home page to see what we're all about.
Two Free eBooks for Subscribers
Get the Missional Women weekly updates and receive two FREE eBooks.